The United Way of Logan County is kicking off its annual back-to-school supply drive before the students return to class this fall.
“Whether they’ll be going back full-time or in a blended scenario, let’s show our Logan County students and teachers our support,” United Way representatives said.
Items like backpacks, disinfecting wipes and hand sanitizer, pencils, and Post-it notes top the wish list this year.
Other needed supplies and clothing items collected include: elastic waist pants and shorts, underwear, socks, masks and face coverings, composition notebooks, crayons, dry erase markers, folders, glue and glue sticks, headphones, highlighters, index cards, markers, paper, pens (blue and black), rulers, scissors, school boxes, zipper binders, tissues, paper towels and sandwich bags.
Items should be dropped off by Monday, Aug. 24, at the following collection sites:
• AAA Ohio, 1790 S. Main St.
• AGC Glass, 1465 W. Sandusky Ave.
• Bellefontaine First United Methodist Church, 201 N. Main St.
• Daido Metal USA, 1215 Greenwood St.
• Global Precision Products, 13060 State Route 287, East Liberty.
• Hilliker YMCA, 300 Sloan Boulevard.
• Indian Lake Community Church, 121 N. Orchard Island Road, Russells Point
• Gathering Grounds Coffee, 337 E. Main St., Suite 2, Russells Point.
• Logan County Libraries, including main branch at 220 N. Main St.
• Marker Construction, 2084 S. U.S. Route 68.
• Mary Rutan Hospital, 205 E. Palmer Road.
• Mobile Instrument, 333 Water Ave.
• NEX Transport, 1400 W. Sandusky Ave., and 13900 State Route 287, East Liberty.
• Precision Custom Products Inc., 4590 County Road 35, DeGraff.
• Richwood Banking Company, 4848 Napoleon St., Huntsville.
• Sloan Insurance, 1413 S. Main St.
• SpartanNash, 4067 County Road 130.
• United Way of Logan County, 130 S. Main St., Suite 109.
• Woodforest National Bank (inside Walmart), 2281 S. Main St.
• World Class Plastics, 7695 State Route 708, Russells Point.
All donated supplies will be delivered to the local school districts, including: Bellefontaine, Benjamin Logan, Calvary Christian, Indian Lake, Mac-A-Cheek Learning Center, Ohio Hi-Point Career Center, Riverside and West Liberty-Salem.
Families needing school supplies are asked to contact their school office the week of Aug. 31 to request access to the United Way school supplies.