The Logan County Health District in collaboration with the Ohio Department of Health and Ohio National Guard, hosted a COVID-19 Pop-Up Test Site on Sept. 10 at the Logan County Fairgrounds.
Officials reported Thursday that only one individual received a positive COVID-19 test result out of the 71 individuals who were tested.
Also out of the 71 participants, 49 were residents of Logan County and the remaining 22 are residents of another county.
Of the tested participants, 65 percent self-reported experiencing some symptoms of COVID-19 and the remaining 35 percent of participants self-reported experiencing no symptoms of COVID-19.
The testing event was free (unless participants were willing to use insurance) and open to the public for those ages 1 year and up.
“The Logan County Health District would like to thank all who participated in the event and those who helped make it possible and successful for Logan and surrounding counties,” representatives said in a release.
The types of symptoms reported include: Cough, runny nose/congestion; fatigue; headache; hot flash/chills; shortness of breath; sore throat; diarrhea; abdominal pain; muscle/body aches; change in taste/smell; nausea/vomiting; and fever greater than 100.4.
Also as of Thursday, the Logan County Health District reported a total of 53 active cases of the virus in Logan County, including four county residents individuals who are hospitalized.
Since the first positive cases were reported in March, there have been a total o f 287 cases of COVID-19 in Logan County, including 231 recovered cases.