Community Health & Wellness Partners is participating in the celebration of National Health Center Week this week, recognizing the theme, “The Chemistry for Strong Communities.”
National Health Center Week 2022 will be celebrated both in person and virtually this year from Aug. 7-13.
Elected officials will join communities across the country in elevating the work Community Health Centers have done while fighting on the front lines of COVID-19 to keep our communities healthy and safe. Their visits and messages will demonstrate that not only is it possible to move beyond the partisan divide over health care, but to support and agree on a program vital to our communities.
This week, CHWP’s focus day activities include:
• Monday, Aug. 8 — Celebrating Healthcare in Public Housing and Healthcare for the Homeless Day, honoring the work being done to advocate and serve patients who might otherwise go without care.
• Tuesday, Aug. 9 — Celebrating Agricultural Worker Health Day, honoring access to care for migratory and seasonal agricultural workers and their families.
• Wednesday, Aug. 10 — Celebrating Patient Appreciation Day/Children’s Health Day; CHWP will be hosting welcome stations at each CHWP clinic, serving fresh fruit, drinks and other fun activities to say thank you to patients and families in the community.
• Thursday, Aug. 11 — Celebrating Stakeholder Appreciation Day, honoring CHWP Board Members for their leadership.
• Friday, Aug. 12 — Celebrating Staff Appreciation Day, honoring CHWP staff members for their valued contributions.
CHWP, an independent, nonprofit health center that provides primary care and other wellness services, opened its door in March 2014 with a mission to provide quality, whole person, patient-centered medical care to the residents of Logan and surrounding counties. Currently, locations are available in Bellefontaine, Indian Lake, West Liberty and Urbana, along with various school-based programs and a mobile unit. Services include primary care, integrated behavioral health care, clinical primary care, pharmacy services, nutrition services and more.