Fire displaces family

Red Cross assistance is being provided to a rural Bellefontaine family displaced by an overnight electrical fire.

Bellefontaine Fire and EMS was dispatched about 2:28 a.m. today to a residence at 2021 County Road 11 owned by Steve Petroschek.

An electrical fire that reportedly started in the attic caused about $20,000 worth of damage, firefighters report.

Water and smoke damage was reported throughout the house, and three residents are displaced.

Residents smelled smoke and then notified first responders.

Firefighters were on scene for about three hours.

RedCross logo

LINKS

• Northern Miami Valley Ohio Chapter of the Red Cross 

• DONATE