Midwest Regional Educational Service Center leaders served up a helping of gratitude for a job well done during a recent end-of-the-school-year celebration.
All current MRESC employees were invited to gather for a short ceremony and hearty meal at Indian Lake High School.
In his address, MRESC Superintendent Scott Howell offered a sincere thank you to employees during this year of COVID-19 facing masks, quarantines, illnesses and other issues.
“You answered the call because of the students that you are charged to work with. And I’m here to tell you right now that the districts could not have functioned without this staff.”
Several employees were recognized and received gifts for their years of service to the MRESC. They are:
• 5-Year Award — Angela Shappie, Tiffany Furer, Kimberlee Koverman, David Shellhaas, Douglas Barhorst, Heidi Luebke, Kathryn Lewis, Hilary Davis, Tara Swaney, Beverly Dysert and Heidi Sherman;
• 10-Year Award — Tiffany Snow, Shawn McElroy, Amy Simindinger;
• 15-Year Award — LeAnne Fuson;
• 20-Year Award — Molli Jackson, Tami Hull, Sarah Klein, Wendy Parker, Tronia Hannah;
• 25-Year Award — Beth Burgbacher;
• 30-Year Award — Daniel Zink; and
• Retirements Katy Metz, Thomas Roll and Mary Lou Lange.
The event concluded with a meal served up by members of the MRSEC administrative team.