Created on Monday, 10 September 2012 Written by MATT HAMMOND
Here are some noteworthy developments from Urban Meyer's weekly press conference Monday:
* RB Carlos Hyde has been diagnosed with a sprained MCL in his knee. Meyer said there was no swelling and it is hoped Hyde will not miss a lot of game action. However, he has been ruled out of Saturday's game against California.
* There is a chance RB Jordan Hall will see action this week against California. Hall injured his foot during the summer and has yet to play. Hall has been medically cleared to return to game action, but the coaches want to see how he responds in practice this week.
* Senior DE Nathan Williams, who had microfracture knee surgery in the offseason, is up in the air this week for the Cal game. Williams played in the opener vs. Miami, but had soreness after the game and did not play against UCF. Meyer said Williams will likely be a game-to-game decision all year.
* Sophomore DL Michael Bennett continues to be bothered by a groin injury. It seems unlikely he will play Saturday.
* Meyer mentioned several times about his concern with the defense. He does not like the lack of a pass rush and the big plays that have been given up in the secondary.
* Sophomore quarterback Braxton Miller will be protected more going forward after he ran 27 times against UCF. Meyer said too many carries will wear on Miller both mentally and physically.