Bellefontaine Examiner

Switch to desktop

Hawkins is someone you want in your corner

Bridget Hawkins is someone you want in your corner both in life and in the courtroom. She won't stand for anything less than true justice while still honoring the humanity in every person who crosses her path.

I hope she will be the voters' choice for Logan County Family Court Judge.

Through my own work as a journalist, I have come to see how quickly issues concerning family, divorce and child custody get volatile, pushing people to their breaking point. That is why having Bridget, someone with experience as a longtime local attorney, with compassion and unwavering moral character is essential in family court.

I am engaged to Bridget's youngest brother, Jonathan. Several  years ago, I met her, along with the rest of the family, five other siblings, their significant others and children, all at the same time. While it was a bit overwhelming, I remember how warm and welcoming Bridget was, recognizing almost immediately that she is the glue of this family, the one people count on, trust and go to for advice and counsel. And as I got to know her, I realized that her generosity and kindness extend far beyond the family, to the people she meets through work, church and by simply being part of the community she loves.

Bridget is dedicated to her work and motivated to making the world a better place through her everyday actions. I am confident she will serve Logan County well if she is voted Family Court Judge.

Kimberly Tere Kong

Emeryville, CA

Submit to FacebookSubmit to Google BookmarksSubmit to TwitterSubmit to LinkedIn