Bellefontaine Examiner

Switch to desktop

Support the elected leaders of this country

Susan Stamper Brown in her "Outside the Beltway" column, says President Obama "fails to recognize America's greatness," (Bellefontaine Examiner, 8/29/12), along with Democrat leaders "who would do well to consider the words of Patrick Henry who said, 'Let us trust God, and our better judgment to set us right hereafter. United we stand, divided we fall. Let us not split into faction which must destroy that union upon which our existence hangs'." Reflecting on the daily onslaught of political blurbs, it seems to me what is really diminishing this country is those who continuously perplex the voting public by throwing out such abstruse profundities as Ms. Brown does, topping her own opinion with, "the president and his ilk are almost rooting for America's demise." I don't believe it. I support our presidents as the duly elected leaders of this country whether I agree with every action or word uttered. "I Liked Ike" and I enjoyed Camelot while it lasted. Different platforms and ideologies, but not so vastly as some would make us believe, that this president is any different. Disparagement of our leaders in bits and pieces is dividing us. We should not allow it to consume us. We are to be "all for one, and one for all" in our great nation, the United States of America. We will continue to vote in free elections every four years. You've got your team and I will use my judgment to support mine to "set us right hereafter." Let none pit us against each other as enemies. Go Bucks, and long live the United States of America no matter who the majority elects.

Kristin Augustine Christensen

Russells Point

Submit to FacebookSubmit to Google BookmarksSubmit to TwitterSubmit to LinkedIn