Everett B. Yoder, 95, of West Liberty, went to be with his Lord and Savior at 11 a.m. Easter Sunday, April 16, 2017, while surrounded by his family.
He was born in West Liberty on May 22, 1921, son of the late Dan C. and Maude Allgyer Yoder. He also was preceded in death by brothers, C. Richard Yoder, J. Warren Yoder and Daniel J. Yoder; sisters, Geneva Hartzler and Marie King; and one grandson, Benjamin Michael Yoder.
He celebrated 66 years of marriage with his wife, Ina B. Yoder whom he married Feb. 1, 1942, in West Liberty and she preceded him in death July 20, 2008.
He is survived by nine children, R. Michael “Mick” (Helen) Yoder of Greenville, S.C., Suzanne (Ed) Troyer of Plain City, Kathy (Tom) Short of Perryville, Ark., Mark (Becky) Yoder of Columbus, Roger Yoder of Battle Creek, Mich., and Anne Troyer, Sara (Darrel) King, Matt (Julie) Yoder and Jeff (Roberta) Yoder, all of West Liberty; 27 grandchildren, Luke, T.R., David Yoder and Hope Davis, Wendy Roth, Chad, Aimee and Marty Troyer, Meredith, Travis and Jordan Short, Michelle Burns and Melissa Rowe, Scott, Tony and Matt King, Adam Yoder, Katie Yahn and Kimberly McDermott, Bradley, Brandon and Austin Yoder, Lance, Lincoln and Lane Yoder, D.J. Yoder and Eric Albright; 50 great-grandchildren; and one great-great-grandson.
He enjoyed being with his family and was always interested in what they were doing.
A lifelong farmer who loved the land and God’s creation, he was a 1939 graduate of Salem High School, and a faithful member of Oak Grove Mennonite Church, where he served as elder and taught Sunday School for many years.
He served on the West Liberty-Salem School Board for many years and also volunteered at Green Hills and with OhioReads.
Out of a desire to continue to be of service to others, Everett chose to donate his body for medical research.
Visitation is from 1 to 3 pm Saturday, April 29, at Oak Grove Mennonite Church, West Liberty, where a celebration of Everett’s life conducted by Pastor Dick Barrett begins at 3 p.m.
Memorial contributions may be made to Mennonite Central Committee and Oak Grove Mennonite Church.