Created on Monday, 31 March 2014 Written by THE ASSOCIATED PRESS
GRATIOT, Ohio (AP) — Authorities say an Ohio man's 18 dogs were poisoned with antifreeze, and that one of them has died.
Seventy-three-year-old Don Butts says he has no idea who would have poisoned his Labrador retrievers in their outdoor kennels in Gratiot, about an hour east of Columbus.
WSYX-TV reports (http://bit.ly/1dFmdNZ) that Butts called the Licking County Sheriff's Office about the poisoning after one of the dogs began showing symptoms Friday.
That dog, named Storm, died.
Three of the others are in bad shape.
Butts' granddaughter, Sara Wilcox, says she can't understand why someone decided to intentionally hurt the dogs and "make them suffer."
The dogs are being treated at Mastersons Veterinary Clinic in Somerset.
Butts is offering a $1,000 reward for information leading to an arrest and conviction.