Created on Thursday, 13 March 2014 Written by THE ASSOCIATED PRESS
CINCINNATI (AP) — A southeast Indiana couple has been jailed in Ohio on child endangering charges after police say they overdosed on heroin in a McDonald's play area.
Hamilton County court records show that the fire department in Green Township just west of Cincinnati responded to a call Sunday of two adults needing attention in the restaurant's children's play area. Authorities say one was unconscious and not breathing, and the other was conscious but unresponsive.
They recovered from what police say were "life-threatening overdoses" of heroin that they acknowledged taking while with their children, a 5-year-old girl and an 8-year-old boy.
Thirty-seven-year-old Robert Paul Palmer and 33-year-old Tamica Lynn Jeffers of Dillsboro, Ind., were being held in Hamilton County Jail. They were scheduled for a court appearance Thursday.