Created on Monday, 10 March 2014 Written by THE ASSOCIATED PRESS
LORAIN, Ohio (AP) — Authorities in northern Ohio say a 39-year-old man was killed in a fire over the weekend.
The Lorain County coroner said 39-year-old Lonnie Mullet died of burns and smoke inhalation in the fire early Sunday at a duplex in Lorain.
The (Lorain) Morning Journal (http://bit.ly/Phgjrn ) reports that arriving firefighters found smoke billowing from a rear kitchen window. Mullett was found in a small room off of the living room of one of the units.
Rescuers worked to revive Mullett, but he was pronounced dead later at a hospital.
Fire officials said the blaze could have been started by unattended cooking on the stove.
The adjacent unit was occupied at the time of the fire, but a firewall between the two units prevented it from spreading.