Indian Lake Elementary School recently awarded Laker Zone shirts to students who were “in the zone,” exhibiting good behavior during the first nine weeks of school. Also during the assembly, co-principal Molly Hall selected and asked five students to squeeze all the toothpaste out of a tube onto a paper plate to demonstrate that just as it cannot be put back in the tube, one cannot take back hurtful words. Laker Zone winners included:
• Kindergarten: Nicole Lin, Myah Everhart, Brayden Tussing, Diem Martin, Neva Hines, Vivian Marshall and Maddison Davis.
• First grade: Sarah Mohler, Paige Fuerst, Dalton Fullerton, Peyton Fuerst, Caleb Motter, Garrett Gurka and Sarah Bihn.
• Second grade: Carson Clary, Bryce Mohler, Aidan Todd, Rylynn Matthews, Mara Bihn, Joe Cummins, Emily Sanabria and Xavier Johnson.
• Third grade: Kenzie Dixon, Kelsie Duncan, Adilynn Hatfield, Kyra Neeley, Layla Shirey, Ariel Brielmaier and Maddon Lillard.
• Fourth grade: Autumn Miller, AdeLynn Martin, Geona Spires, Morgan Dague, Carl Custard, Chloe Sparks and Chase McMillen.
• Bus: Isaac Myers, Zacharia Wright, Carleigh Barker, Summer Korn, Jenna Cooper and Ashlyn Biederman. Of more than 220 students in a drawing to win bicycles for having perfect attendance in the first nine weeks, first-grader Jaylynn Ladd and second-grader Chazlance Moore were the winners.