Created on Saturday, 25 August 2012 Written by THE BELLEFONTAINE EXAMINER STAFF
Bellefontaine has developed a list of streets that will be paved during this year’s program and grinding on some of the streets will begin Monday.
Also the Ohio Department of Transportation will start on a project that involves grinding along Sandusky Avenue from Madriver Street to Everett Street and on Main Street from Sandusky to Brown Avenue.
The ODOT project will include new traffic detection loops and temporary lane changes.
Paving for the ODOT work will begin after Labor Day.
Bellefontaine’s paving will start Sept. 10.
Budget constraints have put the city’s paving program on hold for the past several years. But this year, city leaders put together more than $630,000 in state public works money and enterprise funds to cover the paving program.
Grinding on the following streets will begin Monday:
• Palmer Avenue — Madriver Street to Iroquois Road;
• High Avenue — Main Street to Madriver;
• Dakota Road — Allison Road to cul de sac;
• Brown Avenue — Allison to Linden Street;
• Hayes Street — Columbus Avenue to Sandusky Avenue;
• Chillicothe Avenue — Stanley Street to Hayes;
• Reservoir Road — Columbus to Heatherhill Drive;
• Spring Avenue — Hamilton Street to Ludlow Road;
• Erie Street — Lake Avenue to Superior Street; and
• Superior — Lake to Erie Street.
Other thoroughfares in the paving program are:
• Reynolds Avenue — Main to Hunter Place;
• Troy Road — Florence Street to north corporation line;
• Ohio Street — Myrtle Avenue to Charles Avenue;
• Irving Avenue — Madriver to Park;
• Township Road 55 east of bridge through to Hilliker YMCA;
• Township Road 179 — T.R. 55 to south Whispering Pines line;
• Whispering Pines Lane — T.R. 179 to east of Evergreen Drive;
• Reservoir Road/East Glen Drive — Greenridge Drive to Whispering Pines;
• Bonnie Lane — Lakewood Driver to Hyland Hills shopping center drive;
• Weimer Avenue — Columbus to east of Pleasant Drive;
• Court Avenue — Madriver Street to Park Street;
• Ludlow — north of Colton Avenue to north of Blue Jacket Drive;
• Ludlow — Washington Avenue to north of Lake Avenue;
• Central Court — Sandusky to Columbus;
• Patterson Avenue — Detroit Street to Elm Street;
• Water Avenue — Main to railroad tracks;
• St. Paris Street — Columbus to Auburn Avenue;
• Auburn — Springhill Street to St. Paris;
• Springhill St. — Auburn to Niven Avenue;
• Patterson Avenue — Springhill to St. Paris;
• Niven — Springhill to St. Paris;
• Troy Road — Plumvalley Street to south of railroad overpass;
• Seymour Street — south of Patterson;
• Detroit — Lake to Iron Avenue;
• Iron — west of Main to Detroit;
• Kent Drive — National Salt Drive to cul de sac;
• Gunntown Road — Murphy Gas access drive to Brody Drive;
• Ludlow— south of Lake and in between school drives.