Bellefontaine Examiner

Switch to desktop

Cooking fire heavily damages Lakeview home

fire logo

Lakeview Fire Department personnel responded about 1:10 p.m. Saturday to a structure fire at 285 E. Brown St. in the village.

Firefighters reported heavy smoke was pouring from the home when they arrived.

The home's lone occupant, Ralph Norviel, reportedly left a cooking fire in the kitchen unattended to run an errand at the grocery store.

The blaze caused an estimated $20,000 in damage and left the home uninhabitable until it can be cleaned up, firefighters said. Damage to the kitchen area was heavy and there was smoke damage and black soot throughout the structure.

No injuries were reported.

Indian Lake EMS assisted at the scene, but no other fire departments were called for mutual aid. The American Red Cross also responded to provide assistance.

Firefighters remained on the scene for about 1 1/2 hours.

 

 

 

 

Share this post

Submit to FacebookSubmit to Google BookmarksSubmit to TwitterSubmit to LinkedIn