The Russells Point and Washington Township police departments will be combining efforts throughout the Village of Russells Point and northern Washington Township on Saturday, July 5. Resources will be focused on traffic enforcement with particular emphasis on the detection and apprehension of intoxicated drivers.
The departments seek to improve traffic flow after the fireworks by making the following temporary changes as approved by the Ohio Department of Transportation:
• East and westbound stops signs at the intersections along Main Street (State Route 366) will be covered to allow a free flow of traffic. Keep in mind the 25 mph speed limit.
• The following access points from U.S. Route 33 to Main Street will be closed only as long as necessary to quickly move both incoming and outgoing traffic at the conclusion of the fireworks:
- Sunnyside Avenue (Donut Shop)
- Clermont Street (Family Dollar)
- State Route 708 north of U.S. 33 (Huntington Bank)
- Lincoln Boulevard (The Wedge)
• The traffic lights along U.S. 33 at the State Route 708 and Township Road 239 intersections will be set to flash yellow east and westbound and red to north and southbound traffic.
Drivers can gain access to U.S. 33 from roadways west of Russells Point near Lakeview and east of Russells Point from County Roads 94 on toward Huntsville.
***Intersections through Russells Point are closed due to the fact they can only handle 1-2 vehicles before obstructing traffic flow.***