Created on Wednesday, 02 July 2014 Written by THE BELLEFONTAINE EXAMINER STAFF
• Belle Center — July 4, Veterans Memorial Park; 7 a.m. breakfast, noon parade, 2 p.m. flimsee tournament and children’s tractor pull, 6 p.m. WAR wrestling, 7:45 p.m. WiFive band performance, fireworks at dusk.
• Rushsylvania — July 4, Rushsylvania Village Park Shelter House; noon parade; Lion Club’s annual chicken barbecue; bounce houses, dunk tank and carnival games at park; 7 to 11 p.m. American Entertainment disc jockey and fireworks at dusk.
• West Mansfield — July 4, Veterans Memorial Park and Conservation Club; 11 a.m. parade; noon kids zone and car show in town square; horseshoe, softball, golf, waterball, euchre contests throughout the day, music entertainment; beer garden and fireworks at dusk.
• Indian Lake — July 5, Indian Lake Area Chamber of Commerce Beach Spectacular, Old Field Beach State Park; car show, Indian Lake pageants, Big Bad Bounce, Indian Lake’s Got Talent finale, with fireworks display at 10 p.m.
• Perry Township — July 5, Independence Day Celebration, Perry Park, East Liberty; 11 a.m. car show, noon parade, festivities all day and fireworks at dusk.
West Mansfield celebrates the Fourth of July
West Mansfield’s Fourth of July celebration begins at 8 a.m. at the conservation club with a 5K race. A parade begins at 11 a.m. at the Veterans Park.
A full kids zone will be at the park from noon to 5 p.m. and will include face painting, pony rides, fire safety trailer, a balloon man and a bouncy house.
A car show will be staged in the town square from noon to 3 p.m. and horseshoes will begin at 1 p.m.
More activities, vendors, live music and food will be at the conservation club and the day will conclude with fireworks at dusk.
Rushsylvania sets Independence Day celebration
Rushsylvania will celebrate July 4 with a parade beginning at noon. Following the parade, the Rushsylvania Lions Club’s annual chicken barbecue is served at the Rushsylvania village park shelter house.
The meal consists of half a chicken, coleslaw, baked beans, roll and a drink. A $9 donation with the proceeds going to the Lions scholarship fund and other Lions projects. The Rushsylvania United Methodist Church Women will have desserts available.
Fireworks will conclude the day at dusk.
Indian Lake’s Got Talent, beach spectacular on tap
The Indian Lake Area Chamber of Commerce announced changes to the annual Indian Lake’s Got Talent competition.
All competition will be at 3 p.m. July 5, during the annual Beach Spectacular and Fireworks Display at Old Field Beach. In years past, several preliminary competitions led up to the finale.
The first 10 in each age group to register will audition for the contest, with the top 2 or 3 from each group moving on to round two. Age groups are 5-8, 9-13, 14-17 and 18 and older, with cash awards in each category.
Register at www.indianlakechamber.org.
The Beach Spectacular also includes a car show all day, Miss Indian Lake pageants beginning at 11 a.m. and the fireworks display at 10 p.m.
For more information, call 843-5392.
Belle Center fireworks set for dusk
The Belle Center fireworks display will highlight the village’s Independence Day celebration Friday, July 4, at Veterans Memorial Park.
Other events include a 7 a.m. breakfast at the firehouse followed by a noon parade. At 2 p.m. a flimsee tournament and children’s tractor pull will kick off and wrestlers with WAR wrestling will hit the mats at 6 p.m. The band WiFive will take the stage at 7:45 p.m. and play until the fireworks display.
Perry Township to celebrate Saturday
Fourth of July festivities at Perry Park in East Liberty kick off Saturday with an 11 a.m. car show and noon parade. Activities continue at the park all day and culminate with fireworks at dusk.