Created on Monday, 19 May 2014 Written by THE BELLEFONTAINE EXAMINER STAFF
• Belle Center — Parade 10:30 a.m., from former school area; program 11 a.m., Fairview Cemetery.
• Logan Hills Festival — Memorial Day parade, 9 a.m. Monday followed by service at Zanesfield Cemetery, Taloga Outdoor Drama, 2 p.m. Saturday, 2 and 6 p.m. Sunday and 2 p.m. Monday; Woodland Gathering, noon and 5 p.m. Saturday and noon and 4 p.m. Sunday; Encampment events: church service, 10 a.m. Sunday, archery competition, 11 a.m. Sunday, women’s games, noon Sunday, hawk and knife contest, 4:30 p.m. Sunday and lizard pull, 1 p.m. Monday; Meals, chicken dinner, 11:30 a.m. Sunday, pancake and sausage breakfast, 9 a.m. Monday and country luncheon at Zanesfield United Methodist Church, noon Monday; Entertainment, 1 p.m. Sunday, Mad River Dulcimers, 10 a.m. Monday; pony rides at Marmon Valley Farms, 2 p.m. Sunday and 10:30 a.m. Monday.
• Rushsylvania — 9 a.m. program, village park at the site of former school; Pastor Gene Phelps of the Rushsylvania United Methodist Church speaks; Benjamin Logan Middle School band performs; military honor guard condusts a 21-gun salute; inclement weather location in the village park shelter house.
• Woodstock/North Lewisburg — Taps 9 a.m., Woodstock Cemetery; parade formation, 9:30 a.m. North Lewisburg maintenance building, 10 a.m. start, procession to Veteran’s Memorial on East Street for a single service; Max Coates featured speaker.
• Zane Township — Parade, 11 a.m. Monday, Middleburg; line up at 10 a.m. at township building; procession to cemetery for ceremony, featuring speaker Pastor Tim Sherer; veterans float for all veterans; lunch served by Girl Scouts at Middleburg United Methodist Church after parade.
• DeGraff/Quincy — Parade, 10 a.m. Monday, with veterans wagon, from American Legion, DeGraff, to Greenwood-Union Cemetery for service, featuring speaker Rep. Jim Jordan, followed by procession to Fairview Cemetery, Quincy, for a ceremony; fish fry follows at DeGraff American Legion, by donation.
• Bellefontaine — Parade, 9 a.m. Monday, from Colton Avenue to Bellefontaine Cemetery for service; wreathes place at Logan County Courthouse, Carnegie Court Center and Vietnam Memorial; grand marshal: Max Harr, Korean War veteran, serving the military from 1951 to 1972; guest speaker: Jeff Kauffman, department commander of the American Legion Department of Ohio, serving in the U.S. Army from 1969 to 1971.
• West Mansfield — Program, 10 a.m., Conservation Club, with featured speaker World War II veteran Lloyd McNamee, Little Miss Poppy Lainey Cronkelton, music by Bob and Janet Clappsaddle and 21-gun salutes at cemeteries by honor guard.