The Ohio Hi-Point Board of Education met Wednesday evening and accepted the resignations of two long-time employees.
The board approved the retirement resignations of special education coordinator Robin Harrington, effective June 25 after 20 years of service; and high school director’s secretary Lana Fulkerson, on Aug. 1 after 23 years.
Business operations coordinator Don Jaunzemis spoke about the upcoming Empty Bowls of Logan County fundraiser from 4:30 to 7:30 p.m. Thursday, April 24, in the school cafeteria. For $15 community members may select a handcrafted bowl made by local artists, potters and high school students, and enjoy soups donated by local restaurants. The funds will benefit Logan County food banks.
Nearly 400 pieces of technology ranging from IBM servers, laptops, projectors and computers were approved to be donated to Ohio Hi-Point’s partner school districts including Riverside, Triad, Graham, Ridgemont, Mechanicsburg, Indian Lake, Kenton and Clark State Community College. The equipment was distributed on a first-come, first-served basis as the career center continues to keep up-to-date with technology.
High school director Shelly Swaney reported on the status of the renovations being made for new and developing programs. The former masonry lab, which will serve as the auto services lab, is nearing completion. The new multimedia marketing lab will be ready in early April. The former auto services lab will be renovated into the new welding lab and demolition will start during Hi-Point’s spring break, March 31-April 4.
In other board action, the board accepted, authorized or approved:
• a satellite program supervisor as a new administrative position;
• employment of Robert Fabian and Thomas Cunningham as career development instructors with Adult Education, effective April 1;
• the trade of a Glunz & Jensen Film Processor from the printing and graphics lab for a used Lassco CR-50 Corner Rounder from J&J Printing Equipment and Supplies;
• several out-of-state professional development events; and
• the donation of 76 service manuals for the 2007-12 Honda models for use in the Automotive Labs from Honda of America of Marysville.
The next meeting is at 7 p.m. Wednesday, April 23, in the Sloan Inn.