A teenager was charged in a Friday night fight and an earlier theft while three adult teenagers were charged for their parts in the fight.
Adrianna H. Craft, 16, of 11900 Duff Road, Apt. 67, Lakeview, was charged with delinquency underage consumption of alcohol, disorderly conduct and theft on Friday.
The adults were:
• Bethany M. Brown, 19, of 317 Plumvalley St.: disorderly conduct and contributing to the unruliness of juvenile;
• Jessie J. Rife, 18, of 3055 S. Township Road 32: contributing to the unruliness of juvenile; and
• Christopher A. Orahood, 18, of 8380 County Road 39, Belle Center: contributing to the unruliness of juvenile.
Officers of the Bellefontaine Police Department were called to Wal-Mart, 2281 S. Main St., regarding a fight around 10:25 p.m. inside the store.
Ms. Brown left the store, but Adrianna was found in a car with the two males. They had been with her most of the evening and were aware Adrianna was drunk.
Officers learned the trio had been to Columbus and back. The males were charged because they did nothing to get Adrianna home to her parents, nor to prevent the fight.
Inside the store, they passed Ms. Brown who exchanged words with Adrianna. They fought until store staff intervened.
As part of the investigation, surveillance video shows the suspect took a bottle of vodka in the late afternoon which was later found empty in the suspect’s purse.
• Wesley E. Grubbs, 23, of 813 Heritage Court, Apt. 45, was charged with theft Monday for a bogus item return at Wal-Mart, 2281 S. Main St.
Store staff observed the suspect and a woman returned separately to the store empty-handed after purchasing a DVD. The suspect took another copy of the DVD and then gave to the woman in another area of the store.
Again they left store only to have the female return and exchange the second DVD for cash.
Officers located the suspect at home and he took full responsibility. Charges are pending against the female suspect.
• Varian L. Chandler, 18, of 501 Gunntown Road, was charged with underage consumption after he was observed staggering at Wal-Mart around 12:20 a.m. Saturday. He was released to his mother.
Karen A. Taylor, 47, of 114 E. Court Ave., was charged Monday with public intoxication, having an open container of alcohol and littering.
She was observed stumbling as she walked in the 100 block of south Detroit Street around 6:30 p.m. When officers approached, she threw down a can of beer. She was lodged in the Logan County Jail.
• Stephanie K. McClain, 29, of 214 Pratt St., Apt. 8, was charged Monday with possession of marijuana and served with a warrant for failure to appear. Officer found her at 207 N. Elm St. and took her into custody on the warrant. At the jail, correction officers found a small bag of marijuana in a pants pocket.
Police look at thefts
Carl L. Shields, 214 Pratt St., Apt. 8, reported Monday a video game system and 100 games were stolen from his residence by a named female suspect.
• Clara Moore, owner of Moore’s Cafe, 111 S. Detroit St., reported Monday she believes a named suspect entered the bar overnight and took nine bottles of liquor and three cases of beer.
The front door was unlocked after the theft. There was no evidence of forced entry.