Justin A. Haynes, 22, of 8890 Township Road 239, Lot 32, Lakeview, was issued a summons for theft Friday after he reportedly took money from a local residence while he was working with a carpet cleaning business.
Last month, deputies of the Logan County Sheriff’s Office received a report from Don Skinner, 11484 Horseshoe Channel Drive, Lakeview, regarding a theft of about $40 in coins from his residence. He said employees from a carpet cleaning business had recently been at his home.
Mr. Haynes was identified as a suspect during follow-up investigation.
Snow, ice contribute to crashes
Deputies responded to the following non-injury crashes during winter weather conditions over the weekend:
• Brenda M. Berry, 46, of East Liberty, was cited for failure to control following a crash about 11:20 a.m. Saturday on U.S. Route 33 at the State Route 292 exit ramp.
She reportedly was driving an eastbound minivan on the exit ramp when she lost control on the snow-covered road and slid off the right side of the road and struck a sign post. Her minivan sustained moderate damage.
• Spencer King, 19, of Bellefontaine, was cited for driving without an operator’s license and failure to control following a crash about 12:30 a.m. Sunday.
He reportedly was operating a westbound pickup on Township Road 30 just west of Township Road 201 when he drove off the road and struck a tree. Damage was disabling to his pickup.
• Kyle Munz, 38, of Bellefontaine, did not report any injuries following a crash about 5:10 p.m. Saturday on Township Road 179 at White Pines Drive.
He was operating a southbound pickup when he slid off the right side of the snowy road and sideswipped a fire hydrant. Damage was light to the pickup, and no citations were issued.
• Deputies responded to a crash about 3:25 p.m. Sunday in the 3030 block of east State Route 47.
Ina Gibson, 60, of Ridgeway, reportedly was operating an eastbound jeep when she slid on snow and ice and went off the right side of the road and struck a tree. No citations were issued.
• Jaclyn Gamber, 25, of Bellefontaine, was driving a northbound vehicle on State Route 117 near County Road 96 at 4:30 p.m. Sunday when she hit a patch of ice and slid off the right side of the road, overcorrected, and hit a mailbox and a landscaping rock.
No citations were issued and damage was disabling to her vehicle.