Stacey L. Burrows, 39, of 305 N. Main St., DeGraff, was charged Dec. 10 with theft.
She pushed a cart full of merchandise including a Christmas tree, dog food and toilet paper out of Wal-Mart, 2281 S. Main St., around 5:50 p.m. and drove off.
Officers of the Bellefontaine Police Department used surveillance video and a vehicle license plate to track her.
She returned the stolen items that she was able to load before store employees could stop her.
Officers served warrants and summonses to:
• Damion M. Purnell, 21, at large: trafficking in heroin; and
• Dominic A. Purnell, 29, of 330 S. Liberty St., Ridgeway: Hardin County warrant for failure to appear.
Teen faces assault charge
Charles Browning Jr., 17, of 816 Heritage Court, Apt. 2, was charged Friday with delinquency assault and disorderly conduct. He reportedly assaulted Kyle Farrar, 18, of Bellefontaine, after school in the parking lot of the Bellefontaine Church of the Nazarene, 345 Washington Ave.
The victim sustained visible injuries and was examined at the scene by Bellefontaine squad personnel. He declined treatment and a transport to Mary Rutan Hospital.
Theft reports filed
Marvin Chism, 1000 Garfield Ave., Lot 87, reported two antique metal chairs made by the Zerbee Co. were stolen from outside his residence. He told officers a Kenton man offered him $500 for the pair several months ago.
• Stacie Boltz, 400 E. Sandusky Ave., reported Friday two rings valued at more than $900 were stolen in the past week.
• Greg Jutte, 112 W. Patterson Ave., reported Saturday two .22-caliber rifles were stolen from the residence.
Officers cite motorists in crashes
Richard J. Vicario, 84, of Bellefontaine, was cited for running a red light after a two-vehicle crash just before noon Friday at Main Street and Washington Avenue.
He was driving a van southbound which hit a sport utility vehicle operated by Patience A. Green, 47, of Bellefontaine, as it was exiting Wendy’s Old Fashioned Hamburgers, 700 S. Main St., under a green light. Ms. Green was injured, but was not transported for treatment, officers report.
Damage was moderate.
• Autumn M. Walborn, 16, of West Liberty, was cited for failure to control after a single-car crash at 8:05 p.m. Monday on Sloan Boulevard. She was westbound on a snow-covered road and failed to negotiate a right turn.
The car slid off the road and into a ditch. Damage was undetermined, according to reports.
• Officers wrapped up a Friday traffic crash and cited one driver for an improper turn.
Krista L. Pickering, 53, of Bellefontaine, was westbound on Columbus approaching Madriver Street in the right turn only lane around 11:01 a.m. She turned left from that lane into the path of a van operated by Kristina L. Prater, 26, of Huber Heights. Damage was moderate to the van and sport utility vehicle.
• A Thursday injury crash report was finalized and a motorist was cited for failure to yield while turning left.
Eloise D. Dawson was southbound on U.S. Route 68 and attempted to turn onto the U.S. Route 33 westbound onramp. Her sport utility vehicle was struck by a northbound pickup truck operated by Rhonda J. Schick, 39, of DeGraff. Both drivers were transported by Bellefontaine squad to Mary Rutan Hospital for treatment of injuries.
Damage was heavy to both vehicles.
A third vehicle operated by Leslie Harris, 44, of Bellefontaine, was stopped westbound at the offramp. Debris from the crash struck the passenger side front of the Harris SUV causing light damage.