• Indian Lake area churches Salute to Veterans — 2 p.m. Sunday, Nov. 10, by Indian Lake area churches at Indian Lake Community Church, 120 N. Orchard Island Road, Russells Point, light refreshments follow in Fellowship Hall; veterans receive a special commemorative coin.
• Calvary Christian veterans breakfast — 7:30 a.m. Nov. 11, served by the high school students, followed by assembly;
make reservations to the school office at 599-6847.
• Benjamin Logan High School breakfast — 8:30 a.m. Nov. 11, followed by assembly for veterans and spouses; for more information, call 592-1666.
• Riverside Schools breakfast — 8:30 a.m. Nov. 11, followed by assembly at 9:30 a.m. in the high school gymnasium
• Logan County Veterans Day observance —10:45 a.m. Nov. 11, flag raising outside commissioner’s office, 117 E. Columbus Ave., by Logan County Honor Guard and Harold Kerr Post 173 Color Guard; 11 a.m., flag posting inside Holland Theatre, 127 E. Columbus Ave., opening ceremonies, introduction of invited guests, invocation by the Rev. Michael Valentine, guest speaker: Judge Dan Bratka, rifle salute by Logan County Honor Guard.
• VFW free smorgasbord luncheon — following annual Veterans Day observance in downtown Bellefontaine, which begins at 11:11 a.m. Nov. 11.
• Great Clips free haircuts all day Nov. 11, 2232 S. Main St.,free haircuts for veterans, cards for non-veteran customers to gift to a veteran.
• Bob Evans free hotcakes — free all-you-can-eat hotcakes Nov. 11 at Bob Evans restaurants to veterans and active military personnel; take valid military ID or wear uniform.
• Veterans and active military personnel may receive a complimentary copy of the Monday, Nov. 11, edition of the Bellefontaine Examiner at the newspaper's office, 127 E. Chillicothe Ave., by providing when, where and in which branch they serve(d).