Created on Sunday, 13 October 2013 Written by THE BELLEFONTAINE EXAMINER STAFF
The Temple of Quincy has purchased the property on 201 Main St. in Quincy as its permanent home, an offshoot of the Sidney Apostolic Temple.
Reconstruction began early in August after the purchase.
According to church officials, the structure was built in 1935 and initially housed the Church of the Nazarene for 40 years, then a bridal shop, tax accounting office and storage facility.
“As the Village of Quincy watches this building beautify daily, it excites and brings many memories to Quincy and surrounding residents,” church officials relate. “People have stopped and told us many stories of their lives as it has wrapped around the building in its many phases through the years. Most of which involve the wonderful times during church, Sunday school, and moves of God that were felt when they attended for services.”
Currently, the congregation worships at 2 p.m. Sundays at the Quincy Community Center, where they’ve met since opening in February 2012.
Services at the permanent Temple are tentatively set to begin in November.
Follow the reconstruction at www.satemple.net.