Created on Monday, 15 July 2013 Written by THE BELLEFONTAINE EXAMINER STAFF
Purchaser information detailed
The second day of the two-day Junior Fair livestock auction was conducted Saturday morning at the Logan County Fair, featuring T-bone and dairy steers, beef feeders, goats and rabbits.
Information about the purchasers are as follows:
• Grand champion T-Bone — Austin Hostetler’s grand champion T-bone steer sold for $2,300 to a group of buyers, including National Salt Distributors, Logan County Cooperative Power & Light, Steve Austin’s Auto Group, Liberty National Bank, Kroger, Thompson, Dunlap & Heydinger, Richwood Banking Co., Champaign National Bank, KBI Rentals and Wendy’s.
• Reserve champion T-bone — Ludlow Ag, Distinctive Building Systems and Kroger teamed up to purchase Saul Boysel’s reserve champion T-bone steer.
• Grand champion born and raised — Kyle Ackley’s grand champion born and raised steer sold for $3,000 to a group of buyers, including A.G. Boogher & Son, Farm Credit Services and Larry Mawhorr Sloan Insurance.
• Reserve champion born & raised — Tyler Myer’s reserve born and raised steer sold for $2,700 to a group of buyers, including Royer Realty, Citizens Federal Savings & Loan, Johnson Livestock, Erwin Insurance, Reliant Mechanical, B&R Farm, Yeasel Farms, Phenx Date Solutions, Liberty National Bank and Steve Fansler.
• Grand dairy beef feeder — Kristopher Ackley’s grand champion dairy beef feeder brought $3,150 from a group including A.G. Boogher & Son, Maria Stein, Trupointe Cooperative, Erwin Insurance and Farm Credit Services.
• Grand champion market goat — Maple Leaf Family & Sports Medicine, Dinsmore & Shohl, Bellefontaine Motors Sales and Northside Animal Clinic combined to purchase Grace Barger’s grand champion market goat for $1,000.
• Reserve champion market goat — Jackson Grimes’ reserve champion market goat was purchased for $1,150 by a group including Richwood Banking Co., Farm Credit Services, Trupointe Cooperative and Parrott Implement.
• Grand champion rabbit meat pen — The Huntsville Business Group purchased Marissa Miller’s grand champion rabbit meat pen for $400.
• Reserve champion rabbit meat pen — The Richwood Banking Company, Ryan Logistics and Green Unlimited combined to pay $625 for Tori Miller’s reserve champion rabbit meat pen.
• Grand champion dairy steer — The Grand champion dairy steer of Hannah Gantz sold for $2,600 to a group of buyers, including Dave Carothers Custom Auto Sales, Gantz Farms, McGuire Farms, Watkins Farms, Steve Fansler, Community Markets, Liberty National Bank, McKeestown Trading Post, Link Construction and others.
• Reserve champion dairy steer — Erwin Insurance, Ryan Logistics, Double D Construction and Larry Mawhorr Sloan Insurance combined to purchase Kyle Ackley’s reserve champion dairy steer for $2,700. (EXAMINER PHOTOS BY RICK PITTS)