Created on Friday, 28 June 2013 Written by THE BELLEFONTAINE EXAMINER STAFF
A run down of holiday events...
• West Liberty — June 29, fireworks at dusk, Lions Park; West Liberty Lions host fish fry from 5 to 8 p.m. at main shelter house, menu includes fish, green beans, rolls, applesauce, cookie, drink, proceeds benefit Lion’s project within West Liberty-Salem School District.
• Rushsylvania — July 4, sponsored by the village, Rushsylvania Lions Club and Rushcreek Fire & EMS; 7 to 9 a.m., breakfast at the firehouse; 11 a.m. parade line up; noon, parade; noon to 4 p.m., chicken barbecue at the village park shelter house; noon to 8 p.m., Zenan’s House of Bounce; 5 to 8 p.m., Marmon Valley Farms petting zoo and pony rides; 5 to 6:30 p.m., Rushsylvania’s Got Talent (sign up at Rushsylvania Library or One Stop); 6:30 to 9 p.m., block party with music by Captain Midnight; dusk, fireworks; other activities all afternoon at the village park include Tater the Clown, cake walks, face painting and/or tattoos, photo booth and concessions by Saucy Sows and The Bologna Express.
• Belle Center — July 4, fireworks at dusk; 7 to 11 a.m., Richland Township Fire pancake breakfast at station; noon, parade; noon, volleyball; 2 p.m., music/entertainment at shelter house, kids tractor pull and cornhole; 6:30 p.m., WAR wrestling at memorial building; 7:45 p.m., Elvis performance; take lawn chairs, golf carts not permitted in park; donations can be mailed to: Belle Center Fireworks, P.O. Box 305, Belle Center, 43310.
• Indian Lake — July 6, Indian Lake Area Chamber of Commerce Beach Spectacular, Old Field Beach State Park; car show, Indian Lake pageants, big bad bounce, Indian Lake’s Got Talent finale, with fireworks display at 10 p.m.
• Perry Township — July 6, Independence Day Celebration, Perry Park, East Liberty; 11 a.m. car show, noon parade, festivities all day and fireworks at dusk.