Created on Wednesday, 13 February 2013 Written by THE BELLEFONTAINE EXAMINER STAFF
A woman charged in connection with the sexual abuse of a young girl was sentenced to local jail time in other cases handled in Logan County Common Pleas Court this week.
Ceaira Treen, 22 of Kenton, was sentenced to 30 days in the Logan County Jail, five years’ community control, the probation incentive program and ordered to pay court costs and attorney fees for unlawful sexual conduct with a minor. She is labeled a Tier II sex offender and must report her address to the sheriff’s office every six months for 25 years.
She was arrested in June and charged with partnering with her boyfriend’s father, James Caudill, to lure a 13-year-old girl into sex.
Ms. Treen and Mr. Caudill reportedly began an affair shortly after Ms. Treen moved into the Bellefontaine residence. The couple eventually developed a plan to involve the young girl, according to police reports.
The victim’s mother first contacted police about the abuse May 15.
Mr. Caudill, 49, pleaded guilty Monday to his role in the case, as reported in Tuesday’s Examiner.
A grand jury indictment had charged her with two counts of unlawful sexual conduct with a minor.
Others sentenced included:
• Stephen Coe, 22, of Bellefontaine: four years in prison for robbery, possession of drugs and burglary;
• Wyatt Covington, 20, of Bellefontaine: three years in prison for robbery;
• Cheryl Craig, 43, of Bellefontaine: five years’ community control, the probation incentive program; and ordered to pay a $250 fine, court costs and attorney fees for possession of drugs and theft; and
• Richard Steiner, 32, of Russells Point: five years’ community control and ordered to pay court costs and attorney fees for non-support of dependents.
Pleading guilty were:
• Carolyn Deer, 38, of Dayton: complicity to possession of drugs and was sentenced to 15 months in the Ohio Reformatory for Women; and
• Ronald Kensler, 47, of West Liberty: aggravated assault. He will be sentenced March 18.