Created on Friday, 08 February 2013 Written by REUBEN MEES
Nine of 44 identified eyesores throughout Logan County communities could come down in the near future as officials move forward with a state grant program to remove dilapidated housing.
State grant funds will fund razing this property at 320 W. Center St., West Mansfield. (EXAMINER PHOTO | NATE SMITH)
Consultant John Cleek on Thursday told commissioners and three village officials from West Mansfield that title research can begin on the nine properties for which identified owners have signed documents granting permission to remove structures.
Logan County was notified in mid-2012 that about $287,000 was available locally through the Moving Ohio Forward Program, which is part of $330 million the state received from a nationwide settlement against five major lending companies.
Since then, municipal and township officials submitted a list of 44 properties they would like to have demolished. Only the ones for which owners signed off are moving forward at this time.
“We were hoping to package and bid about 20, but the (nine) we have, we should get them out and get them to bid,” Mr. Cleek said.
Read complete story in Friday's Examiner. CLICK HERE to subscribe today!