Created on Sunday, 03 February 2013 Written by THE BELLEFONTAINE EXAMINER STAFF
Vectren Energy Delivery will resume a multi-year project to improve and upgrade natural gas service in Bellefontaine.
Its contractor, Miller Pipeline, will work on about 8,000 feet of gas main and 169 service lines this year.
The project calls for installation of a polyethylene system to replace the current bare steel and cast iron system.
Work will begin with the mains and will be followed up by service lines to residential and commercial customers. Any damage to yards, sidewalks and streets will be restored as part of the project.
This year’s project will include the following roadways:
• Wright Street, between Wren and Richard avenues;
• all of Wren and Richard and Wilgus Street;
• Madriver Street, between Spring and Washington avenues;
• Cantwell Avenue in the area of Madriver;
• Detroit Street, between Lake and Prospect avenues;
• Ingalls and Iron avenues, between Carlisle and Main streets;
• Carlisle, from Ingalls to the end of Carlisle; and
• an alley west of Detroit between Iron and an alley south of Iron.
Customers will be contacted by a Vectren representative prior to any work, which will involve short interruptions of service.
Customers also can schedule times to relight any natural gas appliance affected by the shutdowns.
On the Web at www.vectren.com/pipelinereplacement