Created on Wednesday, 02 January 2013 Written by THE BELLEFONTAINE EXAMINER STAFF
Logan County Common Pleas Court Judge Mark S. O’Connor sentenced a Bellefontaine man to three years in prison Monday for gross sexual imposition.
Christopher Hannah, 31, also received five years’ post release control and will be classified as a Tier II sex offender. He must report his address to authorities every six months for 25 years.
Officers of the Bellefontaine Police Department arrested Mr. Hannah June 5, following a month-long investigation into allegations that he touched a girl under the age of 13 inappropriately.
Others sentenced include:
• Leanna Hoch, 35, of Russells Point: five years’ community control and ordered to pay a $500 fine, court costs and attorney fees for obstructing justice.
• Heather Martindale, 29, of Bellefontaine: five years’ community control, six-month license suspension and pay a $250 fine, court costs and attorney fees for drug trafficking. She also must complete Union County’s court drug program.
• Amber Weigel, 25, of Bellefontaine: two years’ community control and ordered to complete counseling, pay a $250 fine, court cost and attorney fees for attempted possession of drugs.
Woman pleads to Dollar General theft
Cheryl Craig, 43, of Russells Point, pleaded guilty to possession of drugs, a fifth-degree felony and a misdemeanor count of theft.
She was charged in connection with a May theft from the Russells Point Dollar General store. Russells Point Police responded after being contacted by store management and told the suspect had taken shirts and underwear from the store without paying, Chief Assistant Prosecutor Eric Stewart said.
Police located two shirts in the defendant’s car that had not been paid for, Mr. Stewart said. A search of Ms. Craig’s purse turned up heroin, and drug abuse instruments, including two needles.
She will be sentenced Feb. 11, following a presentence investigation.
Also entering guilty pleas were:
• Sean Newman, 28, of Bellefontaine: possession of drugs. He was granted intervention in lieu of conviction and must complete drug counseling and three years’ community control.
• Wyatt Covington, 20, of Bellefontaine: possession of drugs and theft. A presentence investigation was ordered prior to sentencing Feb. 4.