Bellefontaine Examiner

Switch to desktop

Chippewa area home destroyed by fire

A homeowner and his canine companion escaped injury in a fire that destroyed their A-frame style house Wednesday evening in the Chippewa area.

Chippewa-fire-1011

A Wednesday evening fire destroyed the home of Ralph Ludolph at 11111 Big Bear Path, Lakeview. (EXAMINER PHOTO | RICK PITTS)

Firefighters of the Lakeview Fire Department were dispatched to 11111 Big Bear Path, Lakeview, at 7:24 p.m.

Fire Chief Norman Spring said the resident, Ralph Ludolph, had been cooking with a deep fryer in the kitchen area of the home. The deep fryer was left unattended for a short time, and when Mr. Ludolph walked back into the kitchen, he discovered the fire. 

Read complete story in Thursday's Examiner. CLICK HERE to subscribe today!

Share this post

Submit to FacebookSubmit to Google BookmarksSubmit to TwitterSubmit to LinkedIn